Beware of non-coming traffic!
Uni bosses install Britain’s most pointless zebra crossing
Mad markings … at university
UNIVERSITY chiefs have been blasted after installing a pointless zebra crossing yards from a brick wall and where a dead-end road stops.
The road markings are too close to the brickwork for any traffic to get near it without reversing.
But the crossing was introduced to join two footpaths at the University of West England’s Frenchay campus in Filton, Bristol.
Bemused student Lizzie Ballard rubbished the idea. She said: “It’s completely ridiculous.
“I don’t know why it’s where it is but it gives us a good laugh every morning.
“There’s absolutely no point to it but at the same time it’s definitely the safest crossing anywhere in the world.
“You hardly ever see any cars coming down the rest of the road, let alone right down to the end — it’s so quiet.”
UWE spokeswoman Jane Kelly added: “It does look a bit silly but there is a small car park round the corner and cars sometimes reverse to get out.
“Despite there being a brick wall at the end of the road, the crossing is there just to be safe rather than sorry.”
Other Stories You Might Like
- The World’s Fastest Police Cars (0)
- He’s the Best Drummer!, 10 Fastest Cars on Our Streets, You’ll Fall In Love With This 1963 Maserati Sebring and more (0)
- Top 10 Most Unusual Race Cars, This Technology Turns Anyone Into a Pro Pool Player, This Artist Makes the Most Creative & Hilarious Street Art Ever and more (0)
- Awesome Futuristic Devices That Already Exist, 10 Most Expensive Cars In The World, Unbelievably Dangerous KNIFE TRICK and more (0)
- Artist Tries to Brighten the Morning Hours, Covering an Entire Train with Crochet, 8 Unsung Female Explorers, Crazy Capricious Cars and more (0)
- Really Make You Laugh Pictures, The Most Expensive Dog Wedding in the World, Unique fire pit by Melissa Crisp [pic] and more (0)
- Pripyat From the Height of Its Buildings, 11 Ephemeral Pieces of Light Art Photography, CARS TO SURVIVE THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE THE WALKING DEAD and more (0)
- Lady Transforms In 5 Seconds, Awesome Camera Ball Takes 360-Degree Photos When You Throw It, Cars of the Russian Militia and more (0)
- Mysterious Fireball Flying in the Air (0)
- Anderson Cooper Can’t Stop Laughing (0)